iPhone/iTunes Error 4005- Best 5 Ways to Fix It
What is iPhone Error 4005 and How to Fix It?
iPhone users may sometimes face error 4005 when they try to update or restore their device. If you are also facing the same issue in your iPhone and looking for the details about what is iPhone error 4005, how it occurs and the ways to fix it then kindly go through the information given below.
What is iPhone Error 4005?
Error 4005 is basically an issue related to iTunes that occurs when you try to update or restore your iPhone using it. The cause of iTunes error 4005 is some software issue that causes failed update.
What are the causes of iTunes error 4005?
iTunes error 4005 may occur due to some small technical glitch as listed below:
- iOS or iTunes is not updated
- iPhone is not connected properly to the device
- Window operating system is not updated etc.
How to Fix iTunes Error 4005?
If you are looking for the information about how to fix iTunes error 4005 then follow the methods discussed below that may help you to fix iTunes error 4005:
Method 1: Restart Your iPhone
To restart your iPhone follow the steps given below:
Press Volume Up and Down button one by one and hold for a few seconds
- After that press Side button and keep holding until you see the Apple logo on the screen
Method 2: Update iTunes
To update iTunes to its latest version follow the steps given below:
- Locate the iTunes icon and click to open it
- Then click Help button you can see on the menu
- Click Check for Updates
- Then follow the on-screen instructions to update iTunes latest version
Method 3: Update iPhone iOS
Make sure your iPhone is connected to proper internet and follow the steps to update iOS:
- Go to the settings of iPhone and select General
- Click Software Update has given under General settings
- Now click to Download then Install
- Once the installation is finished your device will restart and update automatically
Method 4: Update Your Windows
To update Windows operating system, follow the steps given below:
- Turn on your computer and go to Control panel
- Select System & Security option and go to Windows Update option
- Click Install button and your windows will start updating itself
Method 5: Use USB Cable to Connect iPhone and Computer
If you are opening iTunes in your computer directly then you can try to use a USB cable to connect your iPhone and computer as it may fix the error. Ensure that USB cable and port is working correctly then check if the issue is solved or not.
This is how you can fix iTunes error 4005, in case of error still exists contact Apple technical support for help.