How to recover data from pen drive without formatting in windows 7
Recover data from pen drive without formatting in windows 7
A pen drive is a secondary storage device which is used to stores all its data in the memory similar to a hard drive. Pen drive makes it is easier for people to transfer or carry their data. But there are some issues sometimes also. These issues may cause your Pen drive data to be inaccessible. When you face such situation, then you want to recover data from pen drive but without formatting. Question is how to recover data from the pen drive when it is damaged or unresponsive? You don’t need to worry, even if you have no clue about how to repair a corrupted pen drive without formatting it or losing data. You can choose any of below three solutions:
- Fix damaged Pen drives using CMD.
- Repair corrupted pen drives without formatting.
- Recover data from corrupted Pen drive and format it for reuse with reliable pen drive repair tool.
As mentioned above you can choose any of 3 methods to recover data from pen drive without formatting it in windows 7. Let us see two of them below:
CMD is your first choice for damaged pen drive recovery. It does not require any formatting and it allows you to fix a corrupted Pen drive without data loss.
- First plug in your Pen drive to your computer.
- Then go to the start menu, and type in "cmd" in the search bar, the press enter and then you can see something named "cmd. exe" in a list of programs.
- Now right-click "cmd. exe" and type in "chkdsk /X /f USB drive letter:" or "chkdsk USB drive letter: /f ", for example, "chkdsk /X /f G:" or "chkdsk h: /f" in the following command windows to start repairing a damaged pen drive.
Second way is also there to repair corrupted Pen Drive without Formatting. If you don’t find above method working then you can carry out the following steps to repair
the damaged Pen drive without formatting in windows 7 and rescue your data.
- First insert the pen drive into the USB port of your system.
- After that go to My Computer>Removable Disk Icon.
- Now right click the Removable Disk Icon and open its Properties.
- After that click on the Tools tab.
- Then click the "Rebuild" button.
- Now you should let the scan process get completed. Then close the scan window once scanning is completed.
- Now right-click the icon of the Pen drives and click "Eject". Then remove the drive from the USB port.
Pen drive technical support number
Pen drive is a very handy accessories and if you have any technical issue with your pen drive then to get rid of this technical problem from your pen drive you can dial our pen drive technical support number and get the solution.