Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network in Windows XP and Vista for the HP Photosmart 2710 and 2713 All-in-One Printers
There are 4 steps in setting up a printer for wireless network in Windows XP and Vista for the HP photosmart 2710 all-in-one printers:
1. First you have to prepare for installation. For this you can follow below steps:
a. First ou need to ensure that you have the following requirements before you begin:
· Network name: The network name is the SSID (Service Set Identifier).
· You need to have WEP key or WPA security passphrase
· You need to have a computer which should be connected to the wireless network.
· You need to have Internet access. It is recommnede by HP to have a broadband Internet access such as cable or DSL.
· Then you need to have wireless-capable HP product. You can place it close to your computer during the installation procedure.
· You need to have Administrator privileges or password (for Windows Vista).
b. Once you have everything in place mentioned above then you need to ensure that the product, access point, and computer are all on, and also the computer is connected to the wireless network.
c. Now exit all applications which are currently running on your computer.
d. Then disconnect if theer is any USB or Ethernet cable which is connected to the HP printer.
e. If you installed the software for a USB connection in the past and now you want to change to a wireless network connection, then you can do it by following below steps to remove the USB installation before continuing.
f. First go to the Printers folder.
g. For Windows XP you can click Start, and then click Printers and Faxes.
h. For Windows Vista you can click the Windows icon, then click Control Panel, and then click Printers.
i. Now right-click the icon for HP product, and click Delete to remove it.
2. In the second step you have to connect to the wireless network for which you can follow below steps:
a. You need to click the Setup button which you can se on the product control panel.
b. Then click the Down Arrow button to highlight Network, and after that press OK.
c. Next click the Down Arrow button to highlight Wireless Setup Wizard, and after that press OK. The Wireless Setup Wizard searches for networks, and then shows them in a list.
d. Next click the Down Arrow button to highlight the network name (SSID) which you gathered in the last step, and after that press OK.
3. In the next step you need to decide whether you want to install with HP printer CD or you want to download the software online.
4. In the final step you can install HP photosmart 2710 all-in-one printer.
Hp printer 24 hour support
If you need support for HP printer then you can get HP printer 24 hour support from our experts. You can get support on phone and online both.
HP printer 24 hour customer services
Whenever you have some information requirement related to yout HP printer you can get HPprinter 24 hour customer services from us. Our experts are always ready to offer the best customer services.