Recover & Reset Your QuickBooks Password (working Solutions)
The main goal of this process is to give you access to your QuickBooks account. Password reset and recovery essentially mean the same thing: you need to get back into your account. Every QuickBooks account holds two types of passwords. One is the Admin Password, and the other one is the User Password. Depending on your role, follow these lines of action.
Steps To Recover/Reset Your QuickBooks Password:
- Sign in to the account as Admin.
- Click 'Company,' then 'Set Up Users and Passwords, and afterward click 'Set Up Users.'
- Locate the user's list, find the account you need, and tap 'Edit User.'
- Now type in the new password, click 'Next' twice, and tap 'Finish.'
- For this, you have to start with the company's login window.
- There select 'I Forgot My Password.'
- Select your registered email id and click 'Next.' The company will send you a reset link.
- Enter the token number sent on the email into your login page.
- Afterward, follow the pop-ups and complete the process.
How do I change the QuickBooks password if I don't remember it?
If you wish to Reset or Recover your QuickBooks password because you don't remember it, it could also be possible that you have been logged into your account for a long time, and now you don't remember the password you used at the time of creating the account.
Out of both the options given above, you can follow anyone to recover the password.
In case your QuickBooks runs on the 2019 version or earlier one,
- Open the software on the desktop.
- On the login window, select 'Forgot Password.
- Afterward, enter your name, email address, zip code, phone number, and the date you purchased
- the software package. Please note these should be the exact details you used when making the purchase.
- Enter 'Ok.' The company will send you a code, and you have to enter it.
- Now follow the on-screen instruction to reset the password.
Where are QuickBooks passwords stored?
The company has created password vaults to store the passwords. In general, all the passwords, account-related and ones for opening specific folders, are held together in this vault. You need to open 'File Manager' on the software's home screen. You will see the password vault option there clearly.
If any of the above procedures or details fail to assist you, you might have a more serious problem. You should never take a password-related issue lightly. Connect with the QuickBooks support team as soon as possible.