Computer System Not Recognizing USB Device | What to do?
Guide to fix USB device-related issues on your computer
Often when you plug a portable device into a USB point of your computer or inject a USB device to your computer. The device beeps light, but it does not show any notification on your computer. Ever wondered why? Is it a technical glitch or a malfunction? Even though your USB device is completely working, but you still get stuck in a situation like this.
If you find yourselves in a situation where your computer doesn’t recognize your USB device, follow the below-mentioned points;
Why is my computer not recognizing USB devices?
There can be a lot of reasons why your computer is not recognizing your USB device. The mentioned points will help you to get a better understanding;
Corrupt USB drive- Make sure that your USB drive is working fine and t is not corrupted so that the system can easily read the additional USB port.
Windows update- Make sure that your windows is updated and it supports the facility of a USB device as sometimes a corrupted windows doesn’t allow you to avail all the services.
Updated settings- Check the system settings, whether you have allowed the system to install proper driver software for the USB.
How to get the computer to recognize a USB device?
You can easily get your computer to recognize USB devices with the help of the below-mentioned points;
- Open the settings application and locate and click on the Device Manager option.
- Manually select the option to eject all the USB and then remove your USB device.
- Insert your USB device again and let it wait.
- Connect your device to a proper network so that it can download the driver software from the internet.
- If it has obsolete device driver settings, then make sure to update the settings with the help of the device manager of your system.
- The USB will then be displayed when it is ready to use.
Thus, you can get the computer to recognize a USB device with the help of the above-mentioned tech guide. You can easily utilize all the services of USB without any hindrances and can easily access the files you have, and can use multiple ports for your USB device as well very easily.