Geek Squad Protection | 3 Easy Ways to Cancel Membership
What are the different ways to cancel the Geek squad protection plan?
Geek Squad, a subsidiary of the consumer electronics retailer, offers after-sales services for the Best Buy products via protection plans for the items purchased online or on-site. Further, the user can use this service by paying a one-time charge or recurring monthly charges to covers repairs, replacements for the various products.
However, for users who no longer wish to redeem the Geek Squad services and cancel the Geek Squad protection plan, the proper steps are to follow various modes and process a refund.
Different ways of canceling Geek Squad protection plan
Are you one of those users who wish to cancel their Geek Squad protection plan services? Then, you can find all the details regarding the cancellation procedures and process a quick refund in time. If required, one can visit the official support for assistance.
1) Cancelling plan via phone
The easiest way of canceling a protection plan with Geek Squad is by using the phone call feature. And to help users get a clear idea, here are the steps that one can follow:
- Initially, the user needs to keep the original receipts and protection plan documents handy. Now, the user needs to dial the toll-free number 1-800-433-5778 (1-800-GEEK SQUAD) to contact Geek Squad.
- After that, the user can follow the voice prompts to open the protection plan menu and select the cancel plan option.
- Then, the user needs to intimate the representative to cancel the plan and offer the details regarding the protection plan.
- The user can even confirm their pro-rated refund amount, if any, after contacting the representative.
- After that, the user can confirm the cancellation of the protection plan by checking the refund status.
In general, the refund gets credited within 60 days, but for any reason, if the user fails to get a refund, then they can reach out to the customer service by dialing the toll-free number and cancel their membership in time.
2) Cancelling via mail
Besides, users who have failed to cancel their Geek Squad protection plan via phone can opt for the email service. And for users who wish to cancel Geek Squad membership via email can follow the instructions shared.
- Begin with keeping the protection plan documents and receipts handy.
- Now, users can type the letter to describe why they wish to cancel the protection plan.
- Further, the user needs to scan the original copy of the documents.
- After that, the user can mail the letters and other related documents to the official mailing id of Geek Squad.
- The users should keep a copy of the mail and other documents until the cancellation confirmation via Geek Squad.
If the user fails to cancel the protection plan, the user can visit the local office in person and process a quick refund for the remaining value of the protection plan amount.
3) Cancel protection plan in person
Before heading on to the local office of Best Buy, the user needs to keep the receipts and other documents handy. And then, the user can follow the instructions shared below and cancel Geek Squad membership.
- Visit the local office of Best Buy and look for the customer service desk.
- Now, the user can reach out to the representative to seek assistance for canceling the membership.
- After that, the user can offer their documents to the representative and request for the cancellation.
- Further, the user can ask the representative to calculate the pro-rated refund.
- And then, the user can confirm the cancellation of the plan once the refund is processed.
- The payment made via credit card will take 60 days to be processed.
Thus, these are the ways to cancel Geek squad membership. Still, for any reason, if the user has any queries, then the user can reach out to customer support for assistance to seek the required service.
So, users who fail to process a plan against their protection plan with Geek Squad can use the provided information and cancel the support services they no longer require.