How do I fix Windows Search Not Working? Search bar settings
How Do I Fix Windows Search Not Working?
Windows search is a flexible search tool that helps you search whatever you want, no matter what it is and where it is. At times, windows search doesn’t work and it can happen because of multiple reasons. It becomes irritating when the Windows search doesn’t work.
The multiple reasons because of which windows search doesn’t work might take little effort to get fixed. However, it won’t take much time to fix the problem if your windows search isn’t working and you can do it yourself. How to do it? If you are wondering what to do when my windows search is not working, then you will get the answer today.
Different ways to fix the problem of Windows Search not working-
- You need to check updates- In Windows 10, you have the choice of when and how you are going to get the latest updates. The latest updates let you run your device smoothly. Sometimes, when you don’t update your device with the latest version of Windows, then it might become unresponsive. So, check whether you need to update your device or not to fix the problem of Windows Search not working.
- Use the Search and Indexing troubleshooter- if your Windows Search isn’t working then use the Search and Indexing troubleshooter-
- Click on Start and then select the option of Settings.
- Select the option of Update Security then Troubleshoot. Then under the section of Find and Fix Other Problems, select the option of Search and Indexing.
- Start to run the troubleshooter, select the problems that may apply, and Windows will detect them and try to solve them.
- Try restarting your Windows or your device- You can restart your Windows or device to fix the problem of Windows search not working. Follow the below-mentioned steps to restart your windows.
- You have to send the SearchUI process to restart your windows. Press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and select the option of Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager, select the Details option.
- In the column of Name, right-click on SearchUI.exe, and click on End Task.
- When you are told to end SearchUI.exe, click on End Process.
- If restarting your windows doesn’t help then you can restart your device to fix the problem.
- Try to reset Windows Search- You can reset your Windows Search according to the version of Windows you are using. Get to know what version of Windows you are using, follow the below-mentioned steps-
- Click on Start, then go to Settings, then choose System, and then go to the About section.
- Under the section of Windows Specifications, you can check what version of Windows is running on your device.
Follow the above-mentioned steps patiently and attentively to fix the problem of Windows Search not working. Although if you still find it difficult to get through the process of solving the error, then you can take assistance from customer support service provided by Microsoft. Call on the call centers of Microsoft and the help representatives will help you to the best of their knowledge.