How to Fix Microsoft Outlook Cannot Connect to Server Error
Outlook is a renowned information exchange application, majorly used to exchange emails. It is common for any application to face errors, and Outlook is no different. A user often faces errors in Outlook, and one of the common errors is ‘Microsoft outlook cannot connect to the server.’
Now let us discuss how we can resolve the error by adhering to the following tips-
1. Try a restart
Restarting is a common method to fix errors in any application or device. Countless processes run in the background prevent Outlook from connecting with the internet. So a restart might be helpful in such a case.
2. Ensure correct credentials
- You can check whether the credentials entered in Outlook are correct or not. Click on the File button on the toolbar > Info > Account and Social Network Settings > Account Settings.
- Go to the Email tab and select your account. Click on the remove icon to remove the account.
- Your account is logged out from Outlook. Now, log in with the right credentials, double-check the spelling, spaces, and all the characters
3. Outlook must be online
- After ensuring the right credentials, you need to check if Outlook is online. You can fix this:
- Click on Send/Receive button
- Click on the Work Offline button
This will disable Outlook’s work offline mode, and Outlook will be connected automatically to the server.
4. PC must be connected to the internet.
5. Update the Outlook if using the outdated version
6. Repair Outlook
- Outlook can also be repaired and to start the repair process, follow the steps below-
- Go to File > Info > Account and Social Network Settings > Account Settings
- Select your account and click on the repair icon
- Enter the account’s password, and Outlook will start the repair process
As you can note now, there are several ways to fix the ‘Microsoft outlook that cannot connect to server error, and the tips mentioned above might be helpful for you to try resolving the error.