Gmail Is Not Syncing | How Can I Fix It?
How Do I Fix Gmail Sync error? Fix "Gmail Sync" Error
Getting syncing error with your Gmail whenever using it on your particular device? Then you will not be able to perform the varied tasks while using it on your smartphone. There could be different sorts of reasons behind the sync error, and it is impossible to find the possible cause for it with your Gmail. But that doesn’t mean you can’t fix the sync error with your Gmail account as there are lots of troubleshooting steps to fix the Gmail sync error, and you can follow the mentioned instructions after reading this article.
Causes of Gmail Sync Error
If you are getting sync error with your Gmail, then it might be caused due to varied reasons, and some of them are given below:
- Due to the improper internet connectivity.
- Using an outdated version of the Gmail app.
- Due to caches, cookies, or data.
- Using incorrect settings for Gmail.
- Due to the unavailability of storage.
Troubleshooting Methods to Resolve Gmail Sync Error
Update your Gmail app
using an outdated Gmail app version on your phone could be another reason for the syncing error. It is always mandatory to update your app to the latest version that can help you resolve all kinds of problems, including the sync error, speedily.
Clear your Gmail information
You can also clear the entire Gmail information such as drafts messages, ringtone, signature, and other settings to resolve Gmail sync errors after following the below steps:
- First of all, move to the Settings on your phone.
- Scroll down to Apps & notification and then tap on it.
- Tap on the App info option.
- Tap on Gmail and then select the Storage option.
- Now tap on Clear data and then select Ok.
- After that, restart your device and then check if the problem is resolved.
Check your Gmail sync settings
If the Gmail sync settings are disabled, then you will get the syncing errors, and you can follow the easy steps to check it below :
- Open the Gmail app on your phone. You can log in to your account using the credentials, or you can skip it if already logged in.
- Tap on the menu on the left top side of the screen.
- Tap on Settings and then select your Gmail account.
- Now you can make sure that the Sync Gmail box is checked, and if not, then you can check it.
Clear your storage
If your phone is out of storage, then you will not be able to use the syncing feature, and you must clear the space on your device. So first, you can uninstall the unwanted apps, media files, and other things on your device to make some space. After that, you can check whether the problem of syncing in Gmail is resolved or not.
The above-given steps can help you fix the Gmail sync error on your device quickly. But in case you are still getting a syncing error, you should directly contact the customer service team at Gmail for quick and effective assistance.