How do I turn off Gmail sync on android? Disable sync
With the help of Gmail sync, you will get all the notifications of new emails automatically at the top of the screen of your android device. If this setting is off, you need to repeatedly refresh your inbox page to get the new mails. Sometimes turning on the sync can create a mess on your screen with a lot of mails; therefore, you can turn off Gmail sync using your device's settings. You can read further to get more information to turn off the Gmail sync.
How to turn off Gmail sync on android?
Once your turn off or sign out of the Gmail sync, you can still check bookmarks, passwords, history, and other settings on your device. To turn off the Gmail sync, you can follow some below steps:
- First, you need to open the chrome on your device and tap on the more option given at the right top of the screen.
- Then you need to open the settings and enter your name to find the Gmail sync id.
- At there, you need to tap on the sign-out button and turn off the sync option.
- Once you turn off Gmail, you will be log out with your Gmail account, and you can log in again without turning on the Gmail sync.
Procedure to turn off Gmail sync on computer or PC:
Apart from the android, you can also turn off Gmail on your computer or laptop in just simple steps. Once you make the changes, it will not be saved to the google account, and it will sync to the other device:
- First, you are required to open the chrome on your device.
- Then, you need to tap on the profile icon at the top right of the page and go to the option of "sync is on."
- At this, you need to click on the turn-off button, and you will not receive any notification on your computer.
Steps to turn off or sign out the sync on iPhone or iPad:
You can check your bookmarks, history, passwords, and other settings when you turn off the sync. To sign out the sync on IOS, you can perform the below simple steps:
- On your iPhone or iPad, you need to open the Chrome app.
- Then, you need to tap on the more option given at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- When you open the settings, you need to enter your name and click on the sign-out button.
- With this, you will successfully turn off the sync on your IOS device, and you can anytime login to your Gmail account and turn on the sync on the iPhone.
If you face any kind of problem in turning off the Gmail sync, you can contact their customer support and get the solution. They will help you turn off Gmail sync on android to disable the notification. You can check their support page to get multiple contact ways like call, chat, email, or social media anytime.