How to connect HP Printer to Wifi Networks? HP Printer Setup
Guide on How to Connect hp printer to Wi-Fi?
The Hp printer is famous in today's market, but sometimes, users don't know how to connect their hp printer to a suitable Wi-Fi network. In that case, to do the hp printer setup and to communicate with the local Wi-Fi network, you can read the below information.
Ways to connect hp printer to Wi-Fi:
For connection with local Wi-Fi network:
1. Restore network default settings:
To set up the Wi-Fi network, you need to restore the default settings into Wi-Fi setup mode by following steps:
If you have a printer with a touchscreen:
- It would help if you opened the menu section of the wireless setup.
- After that, tap on the settings of the network setup.
- At their, select the option of restoring network settings.
If you have inkjet printers without touchscreen:
- It would help if you held the wireless button till the light flashes on the power button.
- Once the light flashes, you need to release the wireless button.
If you have a laser printer without a touchscreen:
- You need to click and hold the cancel and wireless button till the attention light flashes on the power button.
- Once you see the flashlight, the printer will restart to wife mode, and you need to release the button.
2. Install HP smart app:
If you want to set up the printer on a Wi-Fi mode, you need first to install the HP smart app on your device and do the below steps:
- You need to take the printer or device near the Wi-Fi router and connect your device to the Wi-Fi. If your computer is associated with the LAN cable, you need to disconnect it and connect with the WIFI connection.
- After that, open the Bluetooth of your device to detect with your hp printer.
- As you have installed the hp smart app, you need to turn on the mobile location, and with this hp smart app will detect your printer.
- Open the HP smart app, and if you log in to your hp account. If you're a new user of HP, you need to create a hp account and use all the printer's functions.
- Once you successfully open the hp smart, you need to tap on the add a printer option or the plus icon. With this, you can search your printer, and once you get to your printer, you need to follow the on-screen instructions carefully.
For connection with Wi-Fi router:
1. Connect the printers with a touchscreen:
To connect your touchscreen printer to the Wi-Fi, you can use the wireless setup wizard option by doing the below steps:
- At first, you need to take your printer near the Wi-Fi router.
- After that, tap on the wireless settings menu option and go to the wireless setup wizard.
- To complete the process, you need to choose your network and add the password.
2. Connect the printers without touchscreen:
- It would help if you took your printer near the Wi-Fi router.
- After that, set your printer in the WPS connection mode.
- You need to hold the WPS button of the router and wait till the light flashes on the router.
- With this, once the light flash, your printer, without a touchscreen, will connect with the Wi-Fi router.
You can also reach the HP customer service team and ask them how to connect hp printer to Wi-Fi, and they will help you in this situation.