How to fix Laptop not connecting to WIFI? (5 Ways to Troubleshoot)
Check out the quick solutions to resolve WiFi failing to connect to WiFi
Are you failing to connect your laptop to WiFi and need to perform an urgent task? Then, this is because you might not have enabled the WiFi service on your laptop. But, what happens when the Window fails to connect to the WiFi. The user can opt for the solutions shared in this article and manage the tasks accordingly in such situations.
Solutions to fix laptop failing to connect to WiFi:
For users who have failed to fix laptop not connecting to WiFi, here are some troubleshooting solutions that one can try to fix this issue in time and easily access internet services.
a) Restart modem or router
The user can quickly troubleshoot the WiFi connection issue by restarting the modem by using the instructions shared below:
- Remove the cables from both the router and modem.
- Now, wait for 30 seconds and plug back the modem.
- After switching on the modem, the user can wait for 1 min. If the modem is not switched on, the user needs to press the power button.
- The user can even switch on the router again and check if the issue persists or not.
b) Restart the laptop:
The users can quickly fix the WiFi not working issue by restarting their laptop. After that, the user can connect the laptop to the WiFi and check if the issue persists or not.
c) Reset the WiFi drivers:
Alternatively, the user can try to fix WiFi not working on laptop by resetting the WiFi drivers. And for users who are not aware of the procedure can follow the instructions shared below:
- On the keyboard, the user needs to hold on to the Windows key and press pause.
- Now, the user can click on the Device Manager option and double-click on the network adapters.
- Right-click on the WiFi driver software and uninstall the same.
- After that, the user can restart the laptop and check if the issue is resolved or not.
d) Disable the third-party antivirus software:
There are chances that the third-party antivirus installed on the device can block the WiFi services on the device. So, to fix this issue, the user can try to disable the antivirus temporarily.
e) Renew the IP address:
Sometimes IP can create issues while connecting to the WiFi service. So, in such situations, the user can renew the IP and fix the laptop not connecting to WiFi issue.
- The user needs to hold to the Windows button and press R to open the Run dialog box.
- Enter cmd in the space and click on ok.
- Now, the user needs to open the black window, type ipconfig/release, and press Enter.
- After the command is completed, the user can type ipconfig/renew and press Enter.
- Once the command is processed, the user can check if they can access the WiFi services or not.
So, these are the listed solutions that one can try to fix the WiFi not working issue. If the WiFi working issues are not resolved, the user can contact the experts for assistance, manage their tasks in time, and access internet services without interruption.