[Solved] How to Fix Black Screen on Netflix ?
Are you not able to watch videos on your Netflix app and see the black screen? It is a very common error faced by almost every Netflix user once in a while. Most of us using Netflix could only see Netflix's black screen, sometimes with sound and sometimes without sound. So today, we are here to update you and educate you on fixing the black screen issues when using Netflix on your smart TV.
Procedure to fix Netflix Black screen
Here you can follow the process below when you see a black screen on your smart TV.
Fix black screen with sound
A black screen can be visible either while opening the Netflix app or trying to play a show or Movie. Here we have covered both of them for your reference.
A. When you Open the Netflix App
- Re-start your device
- At first, unplug the device from the power for a few minutes
- Now while your device is unplugged, you have to press the power button on the device to discharge it
- If you are not able to access the power button or your device don't have it, you can leave your device unplugged for 3-4 minutes
- Again plugged your device back
- Turn in your device and try Netflix again
B. When you play a TV show or Movie
- Re-start your device
- Unplugged the device from power for at least 1-2 minutes
- After the device is unplugged, you can press the power button to discharge it
- In case you don't have access to the power button, you can leave the device unplugged for 3-4 minutes
- Again plug your device back
- Turn on your device and try to use Netflix again
Fix black screen with no sound
You can follow the process below if you can only see Netflix's black screen without sound.
Return to the previous menu
At first, you can return to the previous menu and reopen your Netflix app.
Re-start your smart TV
- Now while your TV is unplugged, you have to press and hold the power button for 5 seconds to discharge it
- In case you cannot access the power button, you can leave your TV unplugged for 3-4 minutes
- Now plug your TV back in to turn it on
- Once done, you can try Netflix again and see if this fixes the black screen issue.
You can fix the Netflix black screen by following the steps above. If the problem still occurs, or you find any setting, hardware, or software-related issue, you can contact the device manufacturer to resolve the issue.