[Solved]How To Fix Windows 10 Black Screen Error
How Do I Fix Windows 10 Black Screen Error
You will not see this issue of black screen error on windows 10 often, but there may be a time when something goes wrong and your PC will display a black or blank screen. It may happen before signing into windows 10, after signing into Windows 10, with spinning dots and during set up guide. You can fix each situation separately.
Steps to Fix Windows 10 Black Screen Error
You can follow the below steps to fix windows 10 black screen error if it happens before you sign into windows 10.
- You need to check your connection. There may be a connection problem with your PC or display. You can try below things:
If you’re using a desktop PC then you should see if your display is plugged in and turned on. If you have a TV connected to your PC then you should ensure it's turned on and set to the input for your PC. You should try to connect to different video outputs on your PC. Sometimes there might be case that a change in the driver can cause the video to be sent to a different display adapter or output. In case you have your own display adapter installed and connected to your display then you can try connecting your display to the built-in video on the motherboard.
- You can remove or update third-party antivirus software from your PC. There are some third-party antivirus software which is known to cause black screens.
- You should remove the software as it won’t leave your PC unprotected because Windows Defender Antivirus will kick in if no other antivirus software is running.
- You should perform a clean boot of your PC.
- You should see if your PC’s video card is supported by Windows 10.
So you can follow these steps to fix the issue of black screen error on windows 10.
Get Connected With Windows 10 Technical Support Number
Windows 10 is Microsoft OS and you may see it installed on your computer. You may also install it if not already installed. This is with the latest features and you will find it quite easy to use. When you have any technical problem with windows 10 then you can go to the support page of Microsoft and look for the information which may solve your technical issue there only. If you want to talk to a technical expert then you can dial Windows 10 technical support number for an instant solution to your technical issue with windows 10.
How Do I Fix the Black Screen Error In Windows 10 Before Signing? Follow the Mentioned Steps
Windows Key Sequence to Wake the Screen
You need to check the status light by pressing the NumLock and CapsLock key. Is it turned on or not?
If the status light turns on:
- Press Windows + Ctrl + Shift + B key, you will hear a short beep and the screen would blink while Windows will refresh the screen if Windows is responsive.
- On the desktop, you have to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, choose an account, and log in to your account. If you see the problem in signing in, you can go to Start >> Power >> Restart. If you don't see the Start option, press the power key for a while until it gets turned off. After that, again press the power key to turn on your PC.
If the status light doesn't turn on:
Press and hold the power button for at least ten seconds until the device gets turned off. Wait for a minute and restart your device, you will see the issue fixed.
If it won't help you and you still see Windows 10 black screen before login, follow the next steps.
Check Your Connections
You should check all the connecting wires and other peripherals. If there is any loose connection, this problem might appear on the screen. Also, make sure that the monitor is plugged in and turned on.
Perform a Clean Boot
While some programs are running in the background Windows 10 black screen before login issue can appear. But if you do a clean boot this can be fixed.
Remove Third-Party Antivirus Software
If you have installed antivirus software, run for a complete scan. There might be some malicious files in your device, you need to eradicate them. Or else, you can temporarily uninstall the program from your device. Once your screen is back, you can install it again later.
Check If Windows 10 Supports Your Graphics Card
To check it, you need to reach the website of the graphics card and check the compatible version of the graphic card with Windows 10. This is how you won’t see Windows 10 black screen before login issue.