How to Perform a Hard Reset on a Canon Printer?
The concern “How to reset Canon Printer?” exists when someone experiences technical issues such as unstable connectivity to printers, not responding to commands, not working even after a stable internet, etc., so in this case, you are always recommended to do a hard reset on a Canon Printer. To do so, consider the following discussion:
Hard reset via the Power Reset tab.
The power reset option enables you to hard reset your Canon printer, provided that you may be unable to restore it to the factory settings. So, take a look at the points provided below:
- First, you have to tap on the Stop tab continuously.
- You have to press it until you hear the Alarm Ring.
- There, your device is reset to the factory settings. (so data is stored).
- Then, you have to uninstall the driver of your printer and reinstall the latest version.
- Once you do so, you will be able to hard reset it.
Where is the reset button on a Canon printer?
The reset button is useful, through which the main process of hard resetting begins from there, and you can manually rectify any issue if it occurs. However, you can locate the reset button on a Canon Printer by following some instructions;
- First, you have to tap on the Setup option.
- Click on the Device Settings to continue.
- Scroll down to see the Reset Button on a Canon Printer.
How do I reset my Canon printer wirelessly?
Without removing any cable from your device or a printer on your Canon Printer, there are some steps you can follow. The advantage of it is you avoid any trouble or damage that may take place at the time of removing any wires from the device.
- You must keep on pressing the “Stop” tab until some sound or an alarm is heard.
- Release the tab once your alarm flashes.
- After that, you will be able to reset your Canon Printer wirelessly.
What happens if I factory reset my Canon printer?
If you have done a factory reset of your Canon Printer, certain changes take place. And to know about the same, you are suggested to take a look at the points:
- Disable network settings— Once you complete the factory reset of your printer, all the network settings must be set again. And without appropriate settings, you may be unable to access it properly.
- Resolves existing issues— Some issues, such as the slow working of the printer, not responding to the commands, etc., are resolved, and it will work efficiently.
- Removal of bugs— If you factory reset it, you will find any bug existing in your device will be removed. This will automatically make your device function swiftly.
How do I reset my Canon printer network settings?
By resetting the network settings on the Canon Printer, you will be able to fix the issue of disconnectivity again and again, unresponsiveness of the device, and other associated things. So, reset the printer network settings by considering the steps that are below for your understanding;
- Turn off the Canon Printer.
- Hold the “Network Status Tab” and then the “Power tab.” (until you find green and orange light WIFI flashes).
- Generally, these steps are followed to reset the network settings on the printer, provided that steps may differ from device to device.
How do I reset my Canon printer IP address?
If you want to modify or reset your Canon Printer IP Address, you can simply go to the webpage and search for your current IP address. Once so, you must go to the Network page and modify your network to the “manual IP Address.” This will help you to reset your address.
How do I uninstall Canon printer on Mac?
If you are running your Canon Printer on your Mac but want to uninstall it for some time or experiencing some troubles, consider the following steps:
- Tap on the “Macintosh HD” and then to the “applications.”
- In the Utilities column, click on the “Printer Setup utility.”
- Uninstall the Canon Printer.
The concerned information will guide you to fix your Canon Printer on your device or a Mac. Above are the different methods you can consider if one appears different.
Read Also:- How do I talk to a live person at Canon?