Internet connection failed error 651
How to Fix Internet Connection Failed Error 651?
First of all, we need to read what is an internet connection and what are the errors, specifically internet connection error 651 that might interrupt our surfing experience. So, the ability to connect to the internet via computer terminals or other devices provided to individuals and organizations is called an internet connection.
Now this connection that is provided to us might get interrupted due to various reasons, some of which are listed below:
- When the connection is slow, we might face problems to connecting to the server. If in case of a wireless connection, then one might be far away from the router. Chances can be that the data is being been used up by some other person.
- No one like visiting a page that is full of pop-ups, mostly when they are not connected to the data. There is always a way out. We can use browser extensions like NoScript or AdBlock.
- In case of NO INTERNET screen, just uplug the router. Wait for 15 seconds and plug it again. In case of a service outrage, wait for ISP to address your issue.
What is Error 651?
Error 651, it is important for all the Windows users to understand what it is. It is one of the usual errors that occurs whenever we try to connect to the internet using PPPoE connections. It occurs due to several reasons like IP address issues, misplace of Raspppoe.sys file, registry issues, etc.
In the next section of the article, 8 easy ways to fix this issue will be discussed.
8 Ways to fix Error 651 in WINDOWS 7, 8, 10
Below given are the troubleshooting methods that one can try to fix internet connection error 651. Let us have a look.
- Whether it is a router or any other connecting device, try reconnecting that.
- There is a method to reacreate dial-up connection. It can also fix the error.
- You can also try this method of setting up a new PPPoE connection on the windows.
- The problem might be with the network adapter. You can simply uninstall and then reinstall the same to fix your error.
- Updation of raspppoe.sys file and NIC driver could be a better method too.
- If you disable the Autotuning feature, you can fix the issue of error 651.
- You just have to reset the TCP/IP on your system in order to fix the issue.
- The last possible method is to boot the system in safe mode. Booting of the system can be done by going for the advanced boot option and choosing Safe Mode with Networking. Afterward, you can log on to your computer.
Following the above-mentioned method will ease up your process of fixing the issue of internet connection error 651. Hopefully, the guide helps you out with everything.