(Roku Fixes)How to fix a black screen on a Roku?
How can you fix the black screen error on Roku?
Are you facing a black screen error on Roku and searching for the solutions to fix it? The black screen problem on Roku can occur if the streaming player requires an update, or if there are problems with your television. The black screen error on Roku can be caused by a number of factors, including system updates, incorrect cable connections during installation, failure to pick the correct HDMI cable, or the antenna mounted to the TV. You can learn how to fix the Roku black screen error by following simple and clear solutions from below.
Reset Roku device
- Turn on the Roku device at first then hold the home menu to get access Roku home screen
- Further, navigate to advanced settings and choose Factory reset then submit the code to display on the screen
- Then press continue and follow the on-screen instructions to factory reset Roku
- At last, try to the video stream on Roku and check black screen is gone or not
Update Roku system
- At first, press the home button on Roku remote to access the home screen
- Then use arrow buttons on the remote to navigate towards the settings
- Next press ok to choose the settings and scroll down to the system option under it
- After that, you need to scroll to the top right side and select system update
- Then press OK and select the check now button to verify new updates if any
- When the checking process ends you will see the latest Roku updates
- After that, you need to download the latest updates for your Roku device then reboot it
- At last, you can check that black screen error has gone or not by streaming on Roku once again
Choose the HDMI input correctly
- Connect the HDMI cable to your Roku device and make sure to choose the right HDMI port number
- After that, plugin Roku device to a power outlet, turn on, then switch on the TV with remote and use the source button
- After that, you have to choose the correct input for the HDMI cable to which Roku is connected
- At last, you need to check your HDMI port number which you have noted before
Therefore to fix Roku black screen the methods mentioned above are the recommended for resolving error which has occurred for some cause. You may also contact Roku customer service for direct assistance with the black screen error from a technical individual.