Why is my Windows 10 not updating? How to fix update Error?
Why do windows 10 is not updating and solutions to fix it?
Are you having trouble updating Windows 10 on your computer? It is quite a common problem faced by many users that Windows 10 operating system is not updating. Windows 10 users find this problem very annoying and think about getting rid of them as soon as possible. Therefore, if you are looking for information on the reasons why Windows 10 does not update and solutions for fixing the error, please follow the details below.
Know the reasons why Windows 10 do not update?
Several reasons cause windows not updating error, among which the most prominent are listed below.
- Windows 10 might not update due to low space availability in computer
- Windows 10 shows error while updating due to restriction from third party software
- Windows 10 can also update due to BIOS
Learn the solutions to fix Windows 10 if not updating?
Once coming across the most common factors causing problems while installing windows 10 updates, you will be able to address the problem more effectively. In case, you are still thinking that how do I fix windows not updating error, kindly learn the solutions below.
Free up space in system drive:
The first thing you can do when Windows 10 is unable to update is free up some space in your system drive
- Go to the start menu and access the run program then type diskmgmt,MSC
- Then hit the enter button and the disk management interface will open
- After that, you have to navigate to the system drive and select the properties
- Then tap on disk clean-up and press OK to apply
- At last, press the delete files button to free up space in the system disc
Manually check the Windows update Utility
- Go to the windows settings from the start menu and navigate to the Update & Security option
- After that, you need to choose the fix issues button on the pop-up window
- Then you have to move towards the advanced options and select automatically for windows update utility
Uninstall the security software from the system
- Navigate to the start button from the bottom menu in your windows system
- Then access the control panel tab and go to the programs and features from there
- After that, you need to find the third-party security software and uninstall the same
Troubleshoot windows update program
- Go to the control panel in your windows 10 and select large icons from view by option
- Then navigate to the troubleshooting option and tap on view all
- Next, you have to select the windows update and press the next button
- Then press try troubleshooting as an administrator option
- At last, you have to let the software fix the issues then close the window
Therefore, the full details of the reasons why Windows 10 does not update and the necessary methods to effectively solve the problem are discussed above. Moreover, a few times, users might confront the issue while installing the windows 10 update due to some major issues. In that case, you can contact the customer service team of your windows service provider and get technical assistance for resolving the errors.