Facebook Account Recovery Guide - Step By Step Guide
In this digital world, there is a non-stop flow of information across the world. And social media plays a very important role in this business which also acts as a catalyst in the sharing of information.
Facebook is the most popular and leading social networking website with around 1 billion users active on it. These numbers tend to increase daily as every second person wants to get connected with their friends and family. The social media is the platform that helps people in keeping themselves updated with their friends and acquaintances whereabouts.
A Facebook page of every user contains personal information and is created by entering the unique username and password that is created by the user himself. And to prevent all such personal information for each user, the officials at Facebook has protected it with passwords which can be and are managed by the account users itself.
But with the increase in cybercrimes and threats, it has been observed that many Facebook account has been hacked and the information presented has become vulnerable. So, in case if you feel that you shall also protect your account then you can try by changing passwords frequently.
Well, if you are in a situation that due to frequent changes in the password, you are confused by your own Facebook password. Then you shall not panic as this article will help you in Facebook account recovery in simple steps.
Getting Back Facebook Account Access in Simple Ways!
Now to get back the account the user can follow any of the three recovery steps stated and discussed below.
Recovery using the phone number
Getting back to Facebook using alternate email.
Using Facebook once again after recovering it with security questions.
The user might take help of any Facebook account recovery steps which are stated further in this article.
Recover Facebook Account Effortlessly!
Method 1: Facebook Account Recovery Without Alternate Email
Open a web browser and go to the Facebook recovery page from its search bar.
Enter the username that you used on Facebook and tap “Next”.
A new screen is displayed asking you to select any one recovery options. Pick the option of recovery using the phone number.
In the next step, confirm your phone number and tap “Send Code”.
Check the verification code received to you on SMS and enter the same on the screen and tap “Next”.
The Facebook server will be checking for the code and then allowing you to create a new password. Make sure that this time you create an easier password to help yourself memorize it.
To confirm the user can log into the Facebook account once again.
Method 2: Getting Back Facebook Account Recovery Without Phone Number
Open a web browser and go to Facebook.com from its search bar.
Enter the username in the sign-in page displayed in front of you and continue.
Tap on “I forgot password” option from the bottom of the password box and then tap “Next”.
You will be redirected to the Facebook account recovery page where he has to select any one recovery option.
Choose the option of recovery using email as you do not have a phone number.
Confirm your alternate email and tap the “Send Email” option.
Log into your alternate email and check for the code that you received and enter the same on the space over screen and tap “Next”.
Facebook will now ask you to create a new password to reset it. Hence, make sure you enter a valid and easily memorable password this time.
Tap “OK” when you are done.
Method 3: Facebook Account Recovery Without Security Questions
Now, if the user does not have a security question and still wants to recover his Facebook account then he can try any of the above methods. This can be done by tapping on “Try Another Method” from the Facebook account recovery page. And the user can get his account back even if he does not remember the answer to security questions.
This also is clear that entering the alternate email and a phone number is a good option while creating the account. Facebook officials will be making it easy for you to get back the account by using any of the steps or recovery options.
Still, Stuck? Contact Facebook Customer Support!
If anyone of you is still stuck and could not get access then you are free to contact the customer service of Facebook which is 24/7 active.
Method 4: How to Recover My Facebook Account Through Friends?
If you have to recover your Facebook account through friends, you should not miss this post and reset your account password.
- First of all, you will require to reach out to the login page of Facebook.
- There you have to click on the Forgot Account? option.
- Then you need to fill in your email, phone, username or Full Name.
- After that, a list of contacts accounts will appear, choose yours.
- Further, you will see the email address linked to your account, if you don't have access, click on the 'No longer have access to these?' option.
- In this, you are required to provide your new email address and click the Submit option.
- Thereafter, you may get either security questions option or recover Facebook account through friends, select the option.
- Moreover, you will require to select a few trusted friends and Facebook will send the verification code to them.
- You have to call them and collect the code and fill in the given field on your screen and click the Submit option.
This is how you will get the password reset option and you will be able to complete the Facebook account recovery through friends. Besides, if you see any problem, contact the Facebook support team to resolve it as soon as possible.
Method 5: Facebook Account Recovery with Identity Proof(ID)
Facebook is one of the most popular social media sites that people use for networking. Even though there are many other sites giving tough competition to Facebook but somewhere it’s the most frequently used Social site. And just like the normal human tendency of users, there is an equal amount of users of Facebook as well who often lose their passwords. If you are also one of them, then there is nothing to worry about. You can always recover your lost or forgotten password. If in case, you don’t have access to basic methods of mail or number, you can also do Facebook account recovery with ID card. To know more, tap on the below details.
Steps to Recover Facebook account with any identity proof
1. If none of the methods work, you can upload a soft copy of any of your ID card or document and follow onscreen instructions.
2. Take a close up shot of your document through the camera and save it in your camera rolls of mobile or system
3. Now go on the Facebook app and click on forgot id or password link
4. Move to account recovery page, follow onscreen steps and upload saved id proof
5. Once done Facebook will verify it to make sure ID is real
6. Now you can set a new password and you are all set.
For more information, you can contact the customer support team of Facebook 24x7.
What is the Procedure of Recovering the Facebook Account if unable to log into?
There can be circumstances where you cannot log into your Facebook account. The reason behind it can be the forgotten password or entering the wrong username. Well, without wasting time, let us see the procedure of recovering the Facebook account.
Recovery of the Facebook Account:
To recover an old Facebook account, the users can also contact the customer support for help. Let us see the online process.
Recovery of an old account:
- Click on (…) in the bottom right of your cover photo and choose to find support.
- Then choose something else and click Send.
- Now, click on recover this account and follow the on-screen instructions.
To recover the account for another website or service from Facebook:
The steps that a user should follow are:
- Log in to the Facebook account and go to the service’s website. You have to select “recover your account with Facebook”. This will open the recovery page of Facebook.
- You have to click on the Recover account and once you are done with the security checks, you can go to the service’s website.
For recovering through Facebook:
- Jump on Security and login option and scroll down to Recover external accounts and edit.
- Then, click on the key you want to recover ad then on Recover account and you are done.
Facebook Password Reset: Tips to Quickly Reset the Facebook Account Password
Have you lost access to your Facebook account because of lost password issues and have no clue how to regain access to your account, then you can check out the amazing tips provided in this article and use uninterrupted Facebook services.
Check Out the Tips to Reset Facebook Password Easily
Well, the procedure for Facebook Password Reset is quite simple, but to ensure users don't face any issue with the recovery process, here are the tips that one can keep in mind.
- In most cases, the users fail to access their Facebook account because of the lost password. So, to resolve this issue in time, it is suggested to the user to reset the password by visiting facebook.com/login/identify page.
- Further, for a quick recovery, the users can use the alternative recovery options to easily reset the password of the Facebook account like phone number and email.
- In case, if the user fails to access the recovery options, the user can opt for the trusted contacts feature to recover their Facebook account easily.
- Besides, if the user fails to find their Facebook account, they can use their linked phone and email id for finding their account.
Hence, these are the few tips that one can keep in mind to easily reset the password for their Facebook account. Still, for queries, users can contact the help center.
Guide To Recover Facebook Account That Has Been Permanently Deleted
Facebook accounts are the most used social media accounts in the world than any other social media accounts. However, they are also often termed as the “king of social media” among other social media accounts. Now when it comes to the permanent deletion of a FB account, users often choose to delete their account instead of disabling them and the reasons are quite obvious. But the time comes when users sometimes would want to get back their accounts and can’t do it.
Why? Well Facebook gives you 30 days to get back your deleted account and enjoy its services. However, if you do not terminate the deletion process within the grace period then you may face difficulties to get back your FB account. Hence, if you have recently deleted your account and here’s what you can do to recover it.
Recover FB Account That Has Been Delete: Steps
- Head over to the official homepage of Facebook using your web browser
- Scroll to the account sign-in section and enter the username/email address of your deleted FB account along with its password
- Get access to your account and then move to the settings section
- Now, you’ll see a prompt saying: Confirm Deletion or Cancel Deletion
- Select the Cancel Deletion option to terminate the deletion process
Otherwise, contact tech support to get assistance on how to recover deleted Facebook account.
How to Recover a Hacked Facebook Account?
Face book is one of the mostly used social media sites and people of all age groups use it for their personal communications. Since the last few years, Face book has updated itself with a lot of innovations and changes and hence you can easily use all of them. Despite its popularity, a lot of users complain about their accounts getting hacked or misused by anyone. If you are also one of them then you can take the help of Face book account recovery steps given below.
Steps to Recover a Hacked Facebook Account
1. If you think the hacker has changed your Face book password then, visit the account recovery page and select any one option between mail and phone number. You will receive a code that you need to enter for creating a new password.
2. Similarly, if your password and email address both have changed or being forgotten then you will be given an option to secure your account. You will be given options to add security to your account. You can upload your government id picture to set a new password.
3. Similarly, you can request your trusted contacts to send you a code received by them to set a new password on losing the old one.
And hence this way, you can use all the above methods of Face book account recovery. In case of any doubt, contact customer support.
About Recovering Deleted Facebook Account after 30 days
Facebook automatically saves all of the data for accounts that are deactivated accounts so that users can easily retrieve data I case they active account again. Facebook never removes data from the old account even after the user closes it. To reactivate the accounts again go through these steps one by one
How to recover deleted Facebook account after 30 days?
- Launch the browser on your device and visit Facebook.com
- Enter your Email address into the box on the Facebook landing page. Use the email you used while setting up Facebook
- Type the password and tap on the login button located below the box.
- Facebook will now automatically reactivate the account and you will be able to see your old account on the home page.
- Once it is reactivated then the user can access all the content they uploaded previously before closing the account that includes photos, posts, status and so on.
These were the following ways to reactivate the Facebook the account if you want to know more information or unable to recover deleted Facebook account then contact customer care helpline number and tell them your problem, they will solve as soon as possible. I hope this troubleshoot helped to recover your account.
Want to Recover an Account for Another Service or Website with Facebook?
Facebook allows its users to recover an account on any other website or service. The user can turn on the account recovery only in the condition if the website or the service supports it.
Turn On Account Recovery Option
In order to turn On the account recovery, an account key needs to be set up by the user:
Browse the website or service.
Select Facebook, when asked to select the recovery option. The new page of account recovery on Facebook will load.
Then, click Turn On in the next step and the user will be redirected to the website or service.
After that follow the on-screen instructions.
In the section of Security and login settings, the user can add a name for an account key.
Recover an Account Easily
Follow the below-mentioned steps for the recovery of account:
The user needs to ensure that the Facebook account is logged in.
Then, go to the service or website.
In the recovery options, select Facebook and the Facebook account recovery page will be loaded on the screen.
In the next step, follow the on-screen instructions.
Delete an Account Key
An account key can be easily deleted if required. But if the key is once deleted, it cannot be used for recovering an account with Facebook. The steps of deleting the account key are:
First step is to go to the section of Security and login settings.
Scroll down on the page to the option of Recover External accounts and click Edit.
Hover on the account key and click the cross.
Enter DELETE in the field and click the Delete account key.
For any info about Facebook account recovery, contact the technical support team of Facebook. The contact info is provided on the Facebook webpage.
How do I Recover an old Facebook Account I can't log into?
Facebook is one of the mostly used social media platforms for online communication and other activities. And along with its several perks, there are also a lot of issues faced by the users hampering their Facebook account. And one such issue quite often faced by the users is not being able to recover their lost Facebook account. A lot of users who deleted their account long back but now want to recover old Facebook account. Hence if you are also one of the users juggling with this issue, tap below for the solutions.
Steps to fix old Facebook account
1. To recover your old account, go to the profile section of that account and tap under the cover photo
2. Now look for find support or report file option and click enter
3. Next, click on 'something else' option and now tap on send
4. At last select, the option recover your account and follow as directed on the screen.
And you are done with the steps of recovering your old Facebook account. If you want you can also change the old password of the account. Moreover, for any kind of doubt, contact the customer care team through mail or call.