How to protect Hotmail email account from spam?
Protect Hotmail from spam
If you are getting spams and you are irritated about it then you would want to protect your Hotmail from such spam mails. In Hotmail you can do so. If you find that such spams are coming from a specific domain then you can block their domain. For this you can follow below steps:
- First Sign in to your Hotmail account.
- Click Options located at the upper-right side of the page.
- Select More Options.
- Under Preventing junk email, click Safe and blocked senders.
- Click Blocked senders.
- Enter the email address or domain on the box labeled Blocked email address or domain: and click Add to list >>.
Please make sure that the emails that you have blocked are not included on your Safe sender's list or Contacts lists so that the rules and blocked senders will work properly.
Stop getting spam emails?
Apart from above steps where you can block particular domain if you find that sender is using certain words on the subject or their name in that case you can create customer rules or filters to avoid such spam emails. For this you can follow below steps:
- Sign in your Hotmail account.
- Move your cursor over the Folders link on the left pane.
- Click on the Gear icon, and then click Manage Rules.
- Click New.
- For this step you will be asked to setup your rule.
- Under Step 1: Which messages do you want this rule to apply to?
Choose the condition that you want to apply, 3 fields are required for this step. On the first field when you click the drop down button you have,
Sender's address, Sender's name, to /cc address, Subject and Messages has attachments.
On the second field you have is, contains, contains word, does not contain, begins with, and ends with.
On the third field you will enter the word that can conclude the action of the 2 fields (for example Subject, is, SPAM).
7.Under Step 2: What action do you want to apply?
8. Click the button beside Delete these messages.
9. Click Save.
Hotmail customer service number
Hotmail is a Microsoft product used by millions across the world. So if you face any issue with your account then dial Hotmail customer service number.
Hotmail Password recovery number
If you forgot your Hotmail account password then you can choose to get a link on your Hotmail password recovery phone number. Through this link you can reset your Hotmail account password.